Friday, May 23, 2008
Bailey Has Arrived!!!
Monday early morning I went into the hospital to be induced and a couple hours later was given an epidural to help with the pain (I say "help with" because it never takes away the pain entirely). I was in labor for a good ten or so hours. The last four hours were a real struggle, really painful pressure and contractions and it just seemed to go on forever. But finally, the nurse had me give a trial push to see where the baby was and she had to stop me real quick because Bailey was ready to come out. One push later, we got to see our beautiful baby girl. I couldn't believe it! After 10 months of, well, let's see, how would you describe pregnancy? I just couldn't believe she was finally here! I got to hold her right away, while they suctioned her mouth and nose and cleaned her up. Stu cut the cord, and I got to nurse Bailey for a good hour before they even gave her her first bath. She was born Monday, May 19th at 4:57pm. She weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. and was 20 inches long. She has very little hair and it's a reddish blond color. She has a perfectly round head and pink face. She is just so sweet and precious. I can't get enough of her. After a few nights of very little sleep for me, Stu sacrificed a night and held Bailey from 11pm-2am so I could get some sleep. She is doing great and actually slept for 2 four hour blocks last night, which was very nice. I actually had a little energy to do some things today. The kids love her and pretty much fight over who gets to hold her first whenever they see her. Brittany is like a little mommy, holds her and keeps her from crying. Bridgette is doing great, helping to throw diapers away, and cover Bailey up with blankies and burp cloths whenever given the chance. Braden and Brianna just love to hold her, too. Grandma has been wonderful! She cooks, holds and burps Bailey, plays with the kids, does laundry, gets the kids ready for school in the morning, and even manages to deep clean (eliminates mounds of dust!) one room at a time. I am so thankful for her sacrifice and the sanity that she is providing me. I only wish I could do more for her. We are just so happy to have Bailey finally here in our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WELCOME BAILEY!!! She's an absolutely beautiful baby!! I'm so happy everything went well and everyone is healthy. Thanks to your mom for being such a wonderful support to you as well. CONGRATS!
congratulations guys!! :) how exciting!! she's gorgeous and perfect in every way a newborn can be :)
CONGRATULATIONS!! She's beautiful! I'm so glad it all went well. Love the pictures!!
Post a Comment