Thursday, May 1, 2008

Enjoy The Moment

As I was alone in the car driving home from one of my many doctor's appointments this past week, I was searching for something decent to listen to on the radio. Usually, I am traveling with kids and don't win the battle of listening to what I want to listen to, so it was nice for a change to listen to whatever I wanted. And lately, I either end up on an AM talk show about religion or a country music station, because a lot of the music these days....well, let's just say it doesn't uplift me. I tuned into a song by Trace Atkin titled "You're Gonna Miss This" and as I listened to the lyrics, I was touched and felt a comfort and happiness come over me. Even though life can seem hard right now, being a mother of young children, I once again was reminded of how quickly it all goes by and that I WILL miss these days of having small children surrounding and sometimes suffocating me. I felt the need to be more grateful for what I have and to enjoy life as it goes by instead of hoping for the next stage in life (that always seems to be more appealing). Especially, when thinking of this baby as MOST LIKELY being the last one to join our family, I'm saddened by the thought of the baby stage coming to an end....even though it's about to begin. I love little, tiny babies....their dependence on you for everything, the way they smell, their little faces and the expressions they make, and the joy they bring into the home having just come from heaven. I just hope that I can cherish this last one....make it last longer or go in slow motion. And I hope as I grow older that I'll be able to remember the early years of my children and their milestones and the moments that made us happy.

3 comments:

Angela said...

You are so right! I need to cherish my kids more!

m e l said...

well said. it does go by way too fast.

Jackie said...

Don't worry, you can take care of mine when yours isn't a baby anymore. I like that song too.