Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kindergarten Promotion May 28th






Brianna and Braden had their very last day of kindergarten Wednesday, May 28th. Brianna went to school on time, and we brought Braden a little later just to attend the promotion. Braden was still in pain from the surgery the day before and hesitant to move much or stand up. It was a little tough getting dressed, but we managed. We brought a stroller for Braden to sit in since he hadn't walked yet. We attended the promotion and Braden sat with us in the front row while Brianna sat with the rest of their class up in front of everyone. Braden earned several awards and his teacher brought them to him each time, instead of having him walk up to receive them. She was very kind and sweet to him and hugged him when she entered the room with all the other students. Brianna and her class sang several adorable songs, "Look Out First Grade, Here We Come", "Start Spreading the News", and "The Beautiful Month of May" in front of everyone. It was hard to not see Braden up their with his class. I was pretty emotional that morning, but managed to hold back the tears. I can't believe our twins are through with Kindergarten and moving on to First Grade already!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You deserve to be as emotional as you want to be. After all within one week you had a baby and your 6 year old had surgery. That't way too much for most people to deal with. What cute pictures of the kids. We sure miss them!

Jen said...

Man, I'd be more than emotional! Your kids are adorable and you LOOK FANTASTIC!

Cat Jones said...

Awww...Deb, I cannot believe the twins are off to first grade already! Time sure doesn't stand still at all does it? They were so young when I moved away, and hey! I think Braden had the same K-garden teacher that Geoffrey had. Back then, she was Miss Cordova, but she was just about to get married. Pretty cool! You all look great and I'm glad to see Braden putting on such a brave face!